Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My friend got a job, so I am going to be a Ninja.

My best friend got a job, and believe it or not, I am happy for her. But it's hard not to be filled with self-pity. So hard to be happy for other people, when you're bitter by nature.

But NO! I was not going to let this bring me down. I was also further motivated by the people we encountered celebrating her new job, by people I mean townies. I am just not ready to be there.

So, I re-start a half-hearted job search via craigslist. The job hunt has been slower since my last internship ended, I know that doesn't quite sound right, but I actually am busier. I tend to over compensate, like men, insecure about my own lack of job I am taking four classes, working at the store, and I have an internship in town. But things are looking up.

I get a little intimidated applying for jobs that don't directly pertain to my interests or degree. I have applied to some marketing and PR positions, after the encouragement of my sister, but know I wasn't qualified. But today is my day...I found a job as a JAVA Ninja on craigslist. JAVA as in coffee, right? I love coffee, I might even go so far as to say I am a connoisseur. In addition to that I love ninja, now I don't claim to be samuri level, but I took two karate classes in high school and I love sneeking up on people. I also generally wear black and karate chop people in front of me in the grocery line. Match made in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment