Thursday, January 27, 2011

Breeding Brilliant


So, what do I love to watch after YouTube videos of cats? YouTube videos of babies...or atleast small children doing stupid and/or adorable things. Here is something I came across today:


Now, I think all people dream of being brilliant, or at least breeding brilliant. I am not one of those people. If I ever had a child who wanted to listen to this much classical music (I can appreciate it in small doses) I would say

“[Instert name here], no. Can’t you listen to some Justin Beiber or Eminem, for CHRISSAKE I am bored”

I also wouldn’t be able to keep up with the kid, aside from being bored by his boring interests, I already struggle when people do dumb crap like giving you 26 cents so they can get $1.05 back. And don’t get me started on helping my little brother with division – those schools and their damn special methods – who divides fractions anyway? My resistance to this may have to do with my challenges tipping waiters.

I want my kids to excel and me amazingly cute geniuses, really I do. But, don’t you run out of things to accomplish? Doesn’t your brain get tired? I was blessed with academic skating skills, as in I could skate through semesters not doing excessive work and get B’s and B+ (how do you plural this) and even an A here and there if it was a subject I liked. My personal favorite was when I was going to end up with a C, which is unacceptable in my house, and I would manage to get it up to an A by the time the report card came out. Keep in mind; I was also president of about every club possible in high school. I am no slacker; I just don’t want to invest my time in things that aren’t worthwhile to me.

When I have kids, I hope they have my selective work ethic and I plan on training them to do things like paint my nails, and imitate dinosaurs, along with things like the video below that will make them YouTube sensations – aided by the strange names I will give them so they will be celebrities and entertain me up for life. Either that, or I’ll channel Ellen and scare the crap out of them while filming.


No comments:

Post a Comment