Saturday, December 4, 2010

Caturday!


It’s CATURDAY - the first official Caturday of my blogging career. I have to specify that, because for me, everyday is Caturday.  There are a few big announcements that go along with this: I will be starting a tab of only cat videos; I might as well embrace my obsession, right?  Also, there will be pussycat character coming soon – it isn’t even in production yet, just creative development, but it will likely involve dressing up my balding cat, Gladys.
            Gladys is a really special cat (I actually just wrote ‘special person’ and had to delete it, because she is a cat-not a person). Gladys is the embodiment of  “her bark is worse than her bite”. She has been known to growl when held against her will or not permitted to eat pasta and other Italian cuisine. I personally haven’t heard of Italian cats. I know Egyptians and leopard print lovers held felines in high regard - oh, and people with barns and mice.
            Now it seems everyone has to have cats in their life. That  ‘has’ means they are forced to – how can you even avoid them on the internet today? I recently got into to a Twitter fight (how lame) with a dog lover Cats vs. Dogs and how, technically, there is more demand (according to he stats on what is searched online) for dogs even though there is a lot more kitty content. First of all – DUH. Duh that there is more content, I mean. You see, puppies are cute and maybe amusing sometimes, but not hilarious. Cats are hilarious because they do far more random things than a dog, and are far less predictable. Don’t get me wrong, I like dogs too, but they just aren’t as interesting unless it is a real life dog that is your pet. For example, below I’ll post two pictures, and you tell me which one is funnier, even though the content is similar.
 

            Maybe it’s just me, but the dog just looks endearing, or stupid. The cat actually has a personality here, and it isn’t a submissive one. First of all if you going to dress your cat up as anything, it is best if it is a touch undersized – not in the inhumane way, but in the same way that Disney shirt is too small for the big guy with his belly hanging out.

Now I wanted to round out the post with some Cat harmony-but there were actually a number of videos like this one- the challenge was to find one without horrendously obnoxious music (Goes to show the taste of some of us cat lovers)

No comments:

Post a Comment