Monday, April 23, 2012

Manicure Shmanicure

So, I am going to ease back into this, real gentle-like. Let's not talk about my Rabbit (the name of my cat) or the various apartment changes. And sadly, I am not starting again with a beautiful batch of cupcakes, but a few terrible redoes of some nail art.

Living alone now I find it a lot easier to do things like finish bottles of wine by myself and spend 8 hours painting my nails. In an effort to reclaim some of my creativity, I wanted a little project. What with Pinterest and my addiction to hellogiggles.com I feel like I see so many adorable ideas for manicures.

Here are some of my faves:
















Source: tumblr.com via Kerrianne on Pinterest
                                                                                          Source: heynicenails.com via Kerrianne on Pinterest


Or you can check them on my "The Beauty" board on Pinterest


When I was younger we would do outrageous nails, like for the 4th of July - american flags, fireworks - but this did not go as smoothly as I remembered. It looks like I have a palsy that resulted something more like nail farts than nail art. But pretty, colorful farts. At least round one. Round two looks like I casually swiped yellow on the tips of my nails. And when I say casual, I mean real casual, like I wasn't even looking. Just finished round three, which turned into a confused barbie that wants to glow in black light. Sometimes you have to let go of your dreams, you know. I can just accept one color of nail polish.

Take 1

 Take 2

Take 3


No comments:

Post a Comment